In September 2007 I decided to redesign/rebuild my Dobsonian telescope. This came after about 3 years using the first version of the scope, looking at and using the home-built scopes of other amateur astronomers, and researching on the internet. The original scope gave good views and was a reliable design, but it had some problems with balance and movement. I was also generally dissatisfied with the craftsmanship which resulted from a combination of limited workspace/tools, inexperience and impatience. I've made some improvements in all of these areas.

The first step was to put some design down on paper (well, on screen) so that I could play around with dimensions and aesthetics. These diagrams are in the documents section below and are either full-scale or half-scale.

References and Resources: